Press Release: The Bearded Iris acquires In the Powder Room

Psst. You guys. Big news!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Press Contact:  Leslie@InThePowderRoom.com

Author, Blogger, and Editor Leslie Marinelli Acquires Online Women’s Magazine and Publishing Company, InThePowderRoom.com.

ATLANTA, April 8, 2014 – Popular online women’s magazine InThePowderRoom.com (“ITPR”) was acquired this week by Hold My Purse Productions LLC, a company owned by ITPR’s former Editor-in-Chief, Leslie Marinelli, an author, speaker, editor, and award-winning blogger.

A property of PRG Media, Inc., ITPR has been entertaining women with its bold, brave honesty and humor since its launch in 2009 by founders John O. Morisano and Diane Hayman. Morisano and Hayman will both take seats on Marinelli’s Board of Advisors.

head shot Leslie Marinelli

Marinelli, the writer behind the riotous blog The Bearded Iris: A Recalcitrant Wife andMother Tells All, has been lauded by CNN’s HLNtv.com, Parenting Magazine, The Huffington Post, BlogHer, Erma Bombeck Writers’ Workshop, and Babble.com. She joined ITPR in October of 2011 as a weekly columnist and worked her way up the ranks until she took the reins as U.S. Editor in April of 2012 and then as Editor-in-Chief in August of 2012.

Under her leadership the company released its first humor anthology for women, “You Have Lipstick on Your Teeth” and Other Things You’ll Only Hear from Your Friends In The Powder Room, in August of 2013. Marinelli is both a co-author and the editor of this collection, which features original short stories about a variety of womanhood-related topics by 40 popular bloggers from the U.S., Canada, and the United Kingdom.

"You Have Lipstick on Your Teeth" cover 250x335

Upon its release, “You Have Lipstick on Your Teeth” became a top-rated and best-selling book on Amazon. According to New York Times Bestseller Robin O’Bryant, author of Ketchup is a Vegetable and Other Lies Moms Tell Themselves, “It takes a lot to make me laugh out loud when reading but this book had me cackling…”

Morisano, ITPR’s co-founder, expressed his confidence in Marinelli by saying, “Leslie has the vision and the understanding of ITPR’s target demo to continue the foundation of success we have built over the last several years. I couldn’t be happier to see Leslie elevate this oh-so-worthy property and stage it for tremendous growth.”

Marinelli commented, “This is a dream come true for me. Having helped to create one of the more influential brands in the women’s online space has been both fulfilling and challenging. But I truly believe in the ITPR mission to provide a haven where women can really be ourselves and let our freak flags fly, and I’m passionate about helping other women achieve their writing and publishing goals. Stay tuned . . . the best is yet to come!”

Marinelli is currently overseeing a website redesign of InThePowderRoom.com where she will serve as the new CEO. She will also be releasing a second humor anthology, “How Can You Laugh at a Time Like This?” later this year.

###

For more information, contact Leslie@InThePowderRoom.com or visit:

www.InThePowderRoom.com

InThePowderRoom on Facebook

@InThePowderRoom on Twitter

This entry was posted in Atlanta, blogging and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Press Release: The Bearded Iris acquires In the Powder Room

Congratulations Leslie Marinelli! So very proud for you!

2. Holy shittity shit! That’s FABULOUS! Congrats to you, lady, you deserve it!

3. Kristen K. says:

Holy shitballs! Congratulations Leslie!!

4. This is very exciting news!!!

5. Abby says:

LOVE! And so happy for you. I plan on stalking you and reminding you that I’m always willing to contribute my neurosis to whatever you hitch yourself to…with the exception of anything that requires an underwire bra or staying up past 11 o’clock, of course.

6. If I were the “squeeee” type, that’s what I’d say. As I am decidely not that type, I will say THIS IS SO FREAKING EXCITING. You are an inspiration. Congrats!

7. YAYYYYY!! So happy for you! You’ve worked your tail off!! Well done and kudos!

8. Leslie, I am so freaking excited for you!

9. Leigh Ann says:

Congrats! That’s so exciting!

Leslie- Congratulations!! I am so thrilled for you-what a great achievement. Yippee for you! Lots and lots of luck- but really- you’ll be great.

11. This is a great move! You’ll be awesome!

12. Anne Alexander says:

Congrats Leslie!

13. WoW!! How exciting! I can’t wait to see what’s next!

14. Congratulations my Georgia friend. I am doing my famous Goat Dance of Joy in your honor. The publicist is also dancing but that is just embarrassing.

15. Amanda A. says:

Congratulations!! You are so amazing and I am so happy for what you have accomplished.

16. Lisa Cleland says:

OMG! Fantastic news! And to think I knew you when….. Congratulations, Leslie!!!

17. Woot! Woot! This is so exciting! I got to know you last year as a fellow VOTY 2013 winner, so I kind of feel like you’re a “sorority sister!” Congrats, sis! :o)

18. Congratulations!!! Wishing you all the best!!!

19. Yay, yay, YAY!!! Kicking ass and taking names in kick ass shoes. You are AWESOME lady!!!!

20. Congratulations, Leslie! That is really big news and I look forward to the new site design and your new book. Way to go!!

21. Abbie Gale says:

Awesome! Smart move funny lady! Very exciting and I cannot wait to see what you have up your sleeve!

22. Excited to see the new changes you bring to ITPR. Congrats!

23. Allie says:

Congratulations! That is fabulous!

24. Nora DePalma says:

You media mogul, you! So proud of you!

25. Dude.
    So happy to be able to cheer you on.

You deserve ALL THE SUCCESS.

Go, girl!

26. Anna says:

Amazing news, so exciting and I can’t wait to see what happens next! Yay and 1,000 congratulations and mazel tovs!

27. Betttina says:

I am the squeeee type, so SQUEEEEEEEEEE! That is so exciting! Congrats!

28. Alison says:

Yay you!! Congratulations!

29. You go on with your bad self, Leslie!!!!!! Can’t wait for your new anthology! ;)

30. Love you. So thrilled for you.

31. FunMumX3 says:

Congrats and well deserved!

32. Elisa Edgington says:

Like Like Like!! Congrats, I am so excited for you!

33. Arnebya says:

Hotfuckingdamn! YOU BETTA WERK (said in my best pretending to be ghetto, ain’t been to the ghetto in a minute voice).

34. So damn exciting! Congrats!

35. Linda Roy says:

Congratulations!!! You now have the keys to the Executive Powder Room. You’re gonna rock this thang!

36. Cynthia says:

Just don’t lock yourself in the bathroom!

Lol… ;0)

SERIOUSLY… congratulations! Well done! Well played! Well lived!

Well deserved!

37. Shirls says:

Wow mega congrats Leslie!

38. She came in like a wreeeeecckking baaalllll. Wait, except exactly the opposite because you are creating wonderful things. Go get ‘em and congratulations! Ellen

39. Congrats! A perfect fit- like those kick-ass shoes you like!

40. RachRiot says:

ERMAHGERD, you’re a media mogul!? Go, Beardo! I knew I should have slept with you at the Erma B. conference. . . Dammit!

41. Maria Chilson says:

Do you need any legal work done? I am a intellectual property and social media paralegal.

42. Dawn@LightenUp! says:

CONGRATULATIONSSSS!!!! Yes, the shouty capitals are required. No better person for the job, Leslie. That’s awesome!!!

43. laura l b says:

you’re awesome and I am so proud of you. mean it.

44. Michelle says:

Holy smokes you have a Board of Advisors! Congratulations lady! So excited for you!