Let’s make this quick. (That’s what he said).
I’m on day four of the Atlanta Snowpocalypse, so you already know I’ve got my hands full.
My kids have been home from school since noon on Tuesday when the snow started to fall. Boy, howdy—they do love the snow.
When I woke up on Wednesday morning, Bucket Head was already outside playing. As it should be. Nothing wears a kid out like playing outside in the cold, wet, white stuff. It’s a thing of beauty, I tell you. Kind of makes me wish we had snow more often.
Except for all the laundry and that wet-dog-smell.
Oh, and the state-of-emergency thing. Jayzus.
I did finally manage to get to the store yesterday, so don’t worry Mom—we haven’t devolved into the Donner Party; although I did take comfort in knowing that my tender young children plus my extra large crock pot would have made for some good eats in case of emergency. (Mmmmm, rump roast.)
And then, like a gift from the Blogging Gods, Bucket Head went and got his tongue stuck to a giant ice ball he’d been saving in the freezer.
Oh yes he did.
I heard it from across the house before I saw it.
Only, instead of photographing or filming it, or preserving the moment in Plaster of Paris… I calmly helped him get it unstuck and then comforted him while he cried.
I honestly don’t even know who I am anymore.
But it will be a good story someday… complete with a high res “pinable” graphic titled “10 Avoidable Winter Tragedies! MUST SEE! #SaveTheChildren!”
Speaking of Pinterest, you know what’s hot right now? Superbowl food. Which reminded me of one of my favorite dip recipes: Come to Mama Sausage Dip.
I first shared it around this time last year and it has become one of my most pinned recipes.
Here it is again in case you need any easy last-minute dips. I’m telling you, people love this stuff. Show up with a hot, molten vat of this and a bag of Fritos Scoops, and you will be the guest of honor. Enjoy!
- 16 ounce roll of breakfast sausage* (don't get that puny 12 ounce thing...this is no time to settle for a little sausage)
- 2 bricks of cream cheese (8 oz. each)
- 10 ounce can of RO*TEL (Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies; find it in the canned veggie aisle)
- Fritos Scoops
- Brown the sausage; break up the big chunks of sausage with a wooden spoon while it cooks. Then drain the grease off and set the crumbled sausage on a layer or two of paper towel. Set aside.
- Heat the cream cheese on med-low in a saucepan until it gets all melty and slap-yo'-mama good.
- Once the cream cheese is hot and melted, add the RO*TEL and crumbled sausage and heat through.
- Best served warm with Fritos Scoops on the side. It's a heavy dip and requires a strong chip or you'll be wearing it instead of eating it. (Trust me on this.)